Thank you for visiting the Be a Lifeline blog, created and managed by Mental Health First Aid Colorado (MHFACO). We’re so glad you’re here! It is our hope that this blog will:
- promote hope, recovery, positivity, and stigma reduction around mental health
- create avenues of education and conversation about mental health and substance use challenges
- increase understanding of lived experience with mental health and substance use challenges
- share stories of Adult and Youth Mental Health First Aid strategies in action
- participate in a larger dialogue on barriers and solutions to seeking care
- provide a chance to get to know the MHFACO Team and receive helpful updates and information
You will see posts from our MHFACO staff members as well as posts from community members just like you! If you want to write about one of the topics we’ve listed above (or something that we didn’t think of), head on over to the “Share a Story” tab to let us know what you’d like to write about.
Be sure to click the “Follow” on the right so you’ll never miss a new post. From all of us here at Mental Health First Aid Colorado, thanks for reading – we look forward to hearing from you!
Mental Health First Aid Colorado provides coordinated and strategic leadership, critical infrastructure, and the necessary implementation supports to facilitate the statewide growth of both adult and youth Mental Health First Aid. We are a coalition driven by community non-profit organizations across Colorado and various state agencies, with leadership from the Colorado Behavioral Healthcare Council (CBHC).
The backbone of MHFA Colorado is a growing network of instructors that are trained to inspire public understanding and involvement through teaching the signs and symptoms associated with mental health and substance abuse issues, and in turn normalize the conversation about mental health while combating stigmas. To learn more about Mental Health First Aid Colorado, please visit our website at www.mhfaco.org.