The Be a Lifeline blog brings together community members and Mental Health First Aid Colorado staff members to write with the following purposes in mind:
- promote hope, recovery, positivity, and stigma reduction around mental health
- create avenues of education and conversation about mental health and substance use challenges
- increase understanding of lived experience with mental health and substance use challenges
- share stories of Adult and Youth Mental Health First Aid strategies in action
- participate in a larger dialogue on barriers and solutions to seeking care
- provide a chance to get to know the MHFACO Team and receive helpful updates and information
We will work off of the following guidelines, and our blog posts will:
- Be as concise as possible to communicate a message and will be no more than 1,000 words. MHFACO Administrators will reserve the right to ask guest bloggers to edit entries that go beyond this word limit.
- Be spell-checked.
- Correct any inaccurate or misleading information in a timely manner.
- Be mindful that any blog we post will be visible to the public. We will identify ourselves by name unless we choose to write anonymously.
- Be consistent with our best writing, even though that will look different from day to day.
- Use respectful language and terminology, both in the post itself and any comments we write.
- Be mindful of confidentiality and privacy.
- Be encouraged to include appropriate pictures! MHFACO administrators will assume that all bloggers have obtained appropriate permissions to use any included photos.
- Be sure to cite any information gleaned from other sources.
Obligatory fine print: Blog writers are not compensated with anything but gratitude. By submitting a blog post to us, that material becomes our property, and we will respect individual property rights. We also assume that when we receive a blog, the writer has checked that their post is in line with the above guidelines.
If you are writing a guest blog and have questions about any of these guidelines, please feel free to ask us through the form below. We’ll email you back as soon as we can.